Monday, November 1, 2010

Making a Connection

I am looking forward to working with the Boys and Girls Club students on their digital stories.  I enjoy mentoring youth and helping them broaden their academic horizon.

Today I don't think I'll have an issue to make a connection with any of the students I might work with.  There are so many things we can talk about:  what they did for summer, for Halloween; plans for Thanksgiving or Christmas; their favorite subject in school or their favorite thing to do.  I am really interested in what they hope to discover in interviewing for their digital story.  The project they will be working on is really an amazing opportunity for them to gain insight into perspectives of life that they may not realize are out there, and if they do, maybe they will get a more in-depth view of a particular person's story or life perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment